Transpose C to Bb
Learn how to transpose a melody or a score from C to B♭. This transposition can be useful for B♭ clarinet, B♭ saxophone or B♭ trumpet.
How to transpose from C to B♭
Melody to transpose from C to B♭
Below is a melody we want to transpose from C to B♭:
Transposing this melody for B♭ clarinet, B♭ saxophone or B♭ trumpet
The method is the same described in Transposition:
- From where to where?: I am a B♭ instrument and I want to play a C score and because I'm an B♭ clarinet, B♭ saxophone or B♭ trumpet, so I know that I'm sounding lower than written (read Transposing instruments).
- What interval?: I must play all an ascending major second upper.
- Initial key?: Here the key is F Major
- New key?: Adding an ascending major second to F Major produce G Major
- Key Signature Identification?: The new key signature for G Major is 1 sharp (1♯)
- Which clef to use (sight-reading)?: Here you must read the music score with a Alto clef
You should be careful with accidentals:
- Bar 7,8 and 15: C♯ become D♯
- Bar 15: B♮ become C♯
All music practice games: Let's play to our free games