Transpose Bb to F
Learn how to transpose a melody or a score from B♭ to F. This transposition can be useful for horn in F or english horn in F.
How to transpose from B♭ to F
Melody to transpose from B♭ to F
Below is a melody we want to transpose from B♭ to F:
Transposing this melody for horn in F or english horn in F
The method is the same described in Transposition:
- From where to where?: I am an horn in F or an english horn in F and I want to play a B♭ score, and I know that a written C4 for these instruments is sounding F3 and that a written C4 for B♭ clarinet is sounding B♭3 (read Transposing instruments).
- What interval?: I must play all an ascending perfect fourth upper.
- Initial key?: Here the key is F Major
- New key?: Adding an ascending perfect fourth to F Major produce Bb Major
- Key Signature Identification?: The new key signature for Bb Major is 2 flats (2♭)
- Which clef to use (sight-reading)?: Here you must read the music score with a Mezzo soprano clef
You should be careful with accidentals:
- Bar 7,8 and 15: C♯ become F♯
- Bar 15: B♮ become E♮