Transpose Eb to C
Learn how to transpose a melody or a score from E♭ to C. This transposition can be useful for B♭ clarinet, B♭ trumpet, B♭ Saxophones.
How to transpose from E♭ to C
Melody to transpose from E♭ to C
Below is a melody we want to transpose from E♭ to C:
Transposing this melody for non-transposing instrument
The method is the same described in Transposition:
- From where to where?: I am an non-transposing instrument (like the flute or the piano) and I want to play a E♭ score, and I know that alto saxophone in E♭ sounding lower than written (read Transposing instruments).
- What interval?: I must play all a descending Major sixth lower.
- Initial key?: Here the key is F Major
- New key?: Subtracting a descending Major sixth to F Major produce Ab Major
- Key Signature Identification?: The new key signature for Ab Major is 4 flats (4♭)
- Which clef to use (sight-reading)?: Here you must read the music score with a Bass clef
You should be careful with accidentals:
- Bar 7,8 and 15: C♯ become E♮
- Bar 15: B♮ become D♮
All music practice games: Let's play to our free games