Transpose Eb to Bb
Learn how to transpose a melody or a score from E♭ to B♭. This transposition can be useful for clarinet in B♭, trumpet in B♭ or sopranino saxophone in B♭.
How to transpose from E♭ to B♭
Melody to transpose from E♭ to B♭
Below is a melody we want to transpose from E♭ to B♭:
Transposing this melody for clarinet in B♭, trumpet in B♭
The method is the same described in Transposition:
- From where to where?: I am a clarinet in B♭ or a trumpet in B♭ and I want to play a E♭ score for alto saxophone, and I know that a written C4 for alto saxophone in E♭ is sounding E♭3 and that a written C4 for clarinet in B♭ or a trumpet in B♭ is sounding B♭3 (read Transposing instruments).
- What interval?: I must play all a descending perfect fifth lower.
- Initial key?: Here the key is F Major
- New key?: Subtracting a descending perfect fifth to F Major produce Bb Major
- Key Signature Identification?: The new key signature for Bb Major is 2 flats (2♭)
- Which clef to use (sight-reading)?: Here you must read the music score with a Mezzo-soprano clef
You should be careful with accidentals:
- Bar 7,8 and 15: C♯ become F♯
- Bar 15: B♮ become E♮
All music practice games: Let's play to our free games