Transpose Eb to F
Learn how to transpose a melody or a score from E♭ to F. This transposition can be useful for horn in F or english horn in F.
How to transpose from E♭ to F
Melody to transpose from E♭ to F
Below is a melody we want to transpose from E♭ to F:
Transposing this melody for horn in F or english horn in F
The method is the same described in Transposition:
- From where to where?: I am an horn in F or english horn in F and I want to play a E♭ score for alto saxophone, and I know that a written C4 for alto saxophone in E♭, is sounding E♭3 and that a written C4 for horn in F or english horn in F is sounding F3 (read Transposing instruments).
- What interval?: I must play all a descending Major second lower.
- Initial key?: Here the key is F Major
- New key?: Subtracting a descending Major second to F Major produce Eb Major
- Key Signature Identification?: The new key signature for Eb Major is 3 flats (3♭)
- Which clef to use (sight-reading)?: Here you must read the music score with a Tenor clef
You should be careful with accidentals:
- Bar 7,8 and 15: C♯ become B♮
- Bar 15: B♮ become A♮
All music practice games: Let's play to our free games