Transpose F to C
Learn how to transpose a melody or a score from F to C. This transposition can be useful for horn in F and english horn in F.
How to transpose from F to C
Melody to transpose from F to C
Below is a melody we want to transpose from F to C:
Transposing this melody for non-transposing instrument
The method is the same described in Transposition:
- From where to where?: I am an non-transposing instrument (like the flute or the piano) and I want to play a F score, and I know that horn in F and english horn in F are sounding lower than written (read Transposing instruments).
- What interval?: I must play all a descending perfect fifth lower.
- Initial key?: Here the key is F Major
- New key?: Subtracting a descending perfect fifth to F Major produce Bb Major
- Key Signature Identification?: The new key signature for Bb Major is 2 flats (2♭)
- Which clef to use (sight-reading)?: Here you must read the music score with a Mezzo-soprano clef
You should be careful with accidentals:
- Bar 7,8 and 15: C♯ become F♮
- Bar 15: B♮ become E♮