Transpose F to Eb
Learn how to transpose a melody or a score from F to E♭. This transposition can be useful for E♭ saxophones, E♭ clarinets, E♭ saxhorn.
How to transpose from F to E♭
Melody to transpose from F to E♭
Below is a melody we want to transpose from F to E♭:
Transposing this melody for alto saxophone in E♭
The method is the same described in Transposition:
- From where to where?: I am an alto saxophone in E♭ and I want to play a F score for horn, and I know that a written C4 for horn in F or english horn in F is sounding F♭3 and that a written C4 for alto saxophone in E♭ is sounding E♭3 (read Transposing instruments).
- What interval?: I must play all an ascending Major second upper.
- Initial key?: Here the key is F Major
- New key?: Adding a ascending Major second to F Major produce G Major
- Key Signature Identification?: The new key signature for G Major is 1 sharp (1♯)
- Which clef to use (sight-reading)?: Here you must read the music score with a Tenor clef
You should be careful with accidentals:
- Bar 7,8 and 15: C♯ become D♯
- Bar 15: B♮ become C♯
All music practice games: Let's play to our free games