Transpose F to Bb
Learn how to transpose a melody or a score from F to B♭. This transposition can be useful for B♭ clarinet or B♭ trumpet.
How to transpose from F to B♭
Melody to transpose from F to B♭
Below is a melody we want to transpose from F to B♭:
Transposing this melody for clarinet in B♭ or trumpet in B♭
The method is the same described in Transposition:
- From where to where?: I am a clarinet in B♭ or a trumpet in B♭ and I want to play a F score for horn, and I know that a written C4 for horn in F or english horn in F is sounding F♭3 and that a written C4 for clarinet in B♭ or a trumpet in B♭ is sounding B♭3 (read Transposing instruments).
- What interval?: I must play all a descending perfect fourth lower.
- Initial key?: Here the key is F Major
- New key?: Subtracting a descending perfect fourth to F Major produce C Major
- Key Signature Identification?: The new key signature for C Major is neutral (no key signature)
- Which clef to use (sight-reading)?: Here you must read the music score with a Baritone clef
You should be careful with accidentals:
- Bar 7,8 and 15: C♯ become G♯
- Bar 15: B♮ become F♯
All music practice games: Let's play to our free games