Transpose C to F
Learn how to transpose a melody or a score from C to F. This transposition can be useful for horn in F, basset horn in F or english horn.
How to transpose from C to F
Melody to transpose from C to F
Below is a melody we want to transpose from C to F:
Transposing this melody for horn in F, basset horn in F or english horn in F
The method is the same described in Transposition:
- From where to where?: I am a F instrument and I want to play a C score, and because I'm an horn in F, basset horn in F or english horn in F, so I know that I'm sounding lower than written (read Transposing instruments).
- What interval?: I must play all an ascending perfect fifth upper.
- Initial key?: Here the key is F Major
- New key?: Adding an ascending perfect fifth to F Major produce C Major
- Key Signature Identification?: The new key signature for C Major is neutral (no key signature)
- Which clef to use (sight-reading)?: Here you must read the music score with a Baritone clef
You should be careful with accidentals:
- Bar 7,8 and 15: C♯ become G♯
- Bar 15: B♮ become F♯